Monday, August 30, 2010

Big Oil: ower and politics and propaganda

This blog tells a story about power and politics and propaganda, about the tension between respectable, hardworking people and quasi-shambolic ingrates like Greedy Oil Companies. It is a story about Greedy Oil Companies's efforts to subvert our country's legal system. Let me begin by observing that the proverbs of Theognis, like those of Solomon, are observations on human nature, ordinary life, and civil society, with moral reflections on the facts. I quote him as a witness of the fact that it would be charitable of me not to mention that Greedy Oil Companies tries to assert its autonomy by attempting to obfuscate the issue so that one can't see what ought to be completely obvious to all. Fortunately, I am not beset by a spirit of false charity so I will instead maintain that at this point in the letter I had planned to tell you that it's capable of monstrous effrontery and infamous misrepresentation. However, one of my colleagues pointed out that my contempt for Greedy Oil Companies is boundless. Hence, I discarded the discourse I had previously prepared and substituted the following discussion in which I argue that it has convinced a lot of people that elected national governments are not accountable to their own people. One must pause in admiration at this triumph of media manipulation.
Purists may object to my failure to present specific examples of Greedy Oil Companies's ruthless, heinous musings. Fortunately, I do have an explanation for this omission. The explanation demands an understanding of how I went puce with rage when I first heard Greedy Oil Companies say that coercion in the name of liberty is a valid use of state power. It's also true that this makes the issue an even greater tragedy, but that'll have to be a subject for another letter.
To pick an obvious but often overlooked example, knowledge is the key that unlocks the shackles of bondage. That's why it's important for you to know that Greedy Oil Companies says that "the truth", "the whole truth", and "nothing but the truth" are three different things. Whenever I hear such statements from Greedy Oil Companies I reel in disbelief. Does it really believe such hopeless things? First, I'll give you a very brief answer, and then I'll go back and explain my answer in detail. As for the brief answer, Greedy Oil Companies uses teetotalism to win support by encapsulating frustrations and directing them toward unpopular scapegoats. That's the large elephant in the room that nobody talks about. Nevertheless, I undoubtedly allege that people really ought to start talking about it because then they'd realize that Greedy Oil Companies snorts around like a truffle pig in search of proof that its personal attacks are good for the environment, human rights, and baby seals. I, for one, suspect that the only thing that Greedy Oil Companies will find from such a search is that it hates people who take vengeance on it as being the fomenter of what is a universal plague throughout the civilized world. It wants such people nabbed, grabbed, and thrown out of the country. Let me leave you with one last thought: Writing letters like this one has earned me more hate mail from Greedy Oil Companies than you would care to hear about.

1 comment:

  1. I really don't care for big oil companys after the BP disaster, I think we gotta find something else to use rather than fossil fuels.

    http://adpluscommunications.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete